This week was a first experience for me-I spent five hours of my work day yesterday in traffic court. I got a speeding ticket back in January because my speedometer was broken, well, actually I got two tickets. One for speeding and one for a broken speedometer. So, after spending $155.25 to replace my instrument panel, I figured I would go to court, show the judge my receipt and hopefully get my fines reduced. It was the scariest experience of my entire life. I sat thru five trials, was surrounded by inmates in orange jumpsuits yelling in the judges face, 75 angry and irritated people just like me, waiting to talk to the judge. The guy that sat beside me got escorted out of the courtroom and straight to jail for refusing to pay a fine. It was insane. After 5 hours, it is my turn....
I go up to the podium and the judge asks me how I plead. I say guilty to both charges, but I have a receipt. So, he drops my $85 speedometer fine, orders me to go to Defensive Driving School ( I haven't figured that one yet), my $145 speeding ticket was reduced to 50 bucks and he dropped my speed from 60 in a 45, to 59 in a 45, so my Insurance won't go up.
The Lord definitely showed me favor and blessing. If there is one thing I learned yesterday, it is that God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of sound mind. He took a horrible situation and showed me that He was in control. Looking back on it now it was a great learning experience.
So, the next time I watch Judge Judy on TV, I can say-"Been there, done that, don't wanna go back-EVER!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Many congrats on that. I'm glad your judge was merciful. Hey... there is some sort of lesson in that...
I love you.
Post a Comment